Saturday, January 30, 2010

Relaunch of mile sur mera tumhara

The launch of 'Phir mile sur mera tumhara' made me nostalgic. But I couldn't help comparing the new video with older version. It may be because of childhood memories or first liking, I like the original one



Original one seems to more melodious and has continuity in the music. I would have listened to it million times on DD and youtube.

New version is more grand and better in terms of cinematography. Celebrity selection is also good. But the tone and tune of new version seems to break at times. The geographic diversity of India was more evident in older version. Sonu Nigam, Amir Khan, Aish, Dipika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Shilpa Shetty and others seem to be singing in their own tunes. If composer wanted to show that same feelings in different tunes then he succeeded.

May be the I am getting into older generation and starting to reminiscence in old memories saying - in our days things were better :)

No comments: